Wednesday 30 September 2015

Nikon L840- New camera for the blog

As this year is speeding by I started thinking about what I really needed for my birthday (19th October). The one thing I have been looking at the most is cameras. This is because I feel I could take better shots with a camera rather than my samsung s5. So this weekend myself and Rich went on the hunt for an affordable camera that would benefit my blog.



The camera bag is the manfrotto holster in medium perfect for compact and bridging cameras.


The Nikon L840 was not the first camera to catch my eye as i really wanted something compact that i could put in a clutch bag or small handbag to take out all the time. The Nikon is said to be a bridging camera it is in the middle of a compact and a slr such as the cannon 70d. 

The things that sold me on the nikon were 1. the tiltable three inch screen.



This is because i do a lot of flat lay photos for my blog and sometimes really struggle to take them on my phone.


2. The 38x zoom. The 16mp camera has an amazing zoom and focus and even at full zoom pictured above it does not make the camera bulky. This camera is so lightweight.

3. The flash is connected to the camera so i don't have to buy it seperately and gosh the flash is bright although i'm yet to take any photos with the flash on.

4. It connects to wi-fi and and uploads your photos through an app on your phone you can also take photos with your camera through the app. This makes blogging easier for me as I blog through my phone and edit ect.

The camera.

On the first night I got it Rich and I went for a walk to test it.



zoomed in on the lake

Zoomed in on the moon

Macro shot of the flower.

I'm so pleased with this camera and can't wait to shoot more pictures for my blog.


What camera do you use?

Until next time ...x

No comments:

Post a Comment