Saturday 10 October 2015

Body Image - Shopping and more.



So these are two photos of me. One taken three years ago when I was so unhappy with my size. One taken a few days ago where I am happier with my size. In photo one I was a size 16/18 and could never quite enjoy shopping I hated having to try on clothes. After a couple of photos three years ago I decided to make a difference.

Having lost weight I now love experimenting with fashion knowing what suits my shape and what I enjoy wearing.

There is just one nagging factor that I have seen affecting girls lately shop sizing.

Girls all have different shapes and sizes and I completely understand catering for that is difficult. 

It would help girls everywhere if shops had a universal sizing so we knew what size we were. I definitely do not expect to have to go to a shop and try on two sizes bigger than my frame just for it to fit this completely shatters all my self esteem and I want to go home immediately. 

All shops are guilty of having different size measurements but on rare occasions a 12 in one style of jean will fit me pick it up in a different colour or style and sizing is thrown out the window.

I would love for it to be simple to shop and it not to be a problem every time I went to a different store (not that this stops me shopping).

With pressure from the media to be skinny as that is attractive (not being the case) and shop sizing being out of sync with each other I definitely feel like my self esteem has taken a battering in the last couple of years.

I read a great blog on this exact issue in August by Katie Middleton she definitely presents her points more clearly you should check it out here.

So what are your thoughts on sizing and shopping?

Thanks for reading.
Until next time ...x

No comments:

Post a Comment